Spring is home repair and improvement season, and if you are like many Americans you are using this time to get some work done on your old beat up windows. When you consider that one side of your windows spends all of its time exposed to the elements, you can see how time and Mother Nature can take their toll. Now is the time to get motivated and to consider performing some of these improvements on your windows this spring:
- Screen Repair or Replacement: Children, pets, and neighborhood kids playing baseball can do some real damage to the screens in the windows of your home. Take this time to replace the screens with new, more durable screen materials.
- Window Cleaning: Window leaves a layer of grime on the outside of all of your windows, and curious fingers leave their marks on inside. Now is the time to arm yourself with a bottle of glass cleaner and a rag, and get to work bringing shine back to your windows.
- Weather Stripping: A low cost way to improve energy efficiency this summer is to replace the weather stripping and caulk around all of your windows.
- Frame Refinishing: Rain and the sun can really weather the appearance of your window frames. A fresh coat of paint or stain could do wonders for the appearance of your windows inside and out.
- Window Replacement: If you have a larger budget and your windows are in bad shape, take advantage of the nice weather and replace your windows with new high efficiency models. These will save you money and look great!
Increase Beauty and Energy Efficiency
The windows are a major component of both the exterior and interior of our homes, so they should look their best. Start tackling these projects on your own or track down a local handyman to give you some help. Either way, improving the appearance and energy efficiency of the windows does wonder for the entire home!